Monday, August 30, 2010

Just about 2 Months

This is how I make tea before bed! Love using this VERY old tea kettle and I love the quote on this mug. Very fitting for my life over here Out on a Saturday night. Those are "polly's kettles" You can take them on the street
A pup named Pickel. I have missed canine companionship
A friend's apt for a Saturday BBQ. It was such a lovely time, and the food was incredible!!!!!

It has been just about 2 months that I have been here in Korea! It doesn't seem like a long time, but then I think only 10 more months til I am home and that really doesn't seem too long. However, to put it in perspective I think about how Grandma....today is yours and Grandpa's 69th wedding anniversary!! That is a lifetime to most. I still think it is very romantic =)

I am getting a little more settled in here. I now have a cell phone, so that makes it so much easier to talk to people and to make plans. It is weird to have to be worried about if someone called or text messaged me. That part I don't miss. But I am growing closer with the teachers that I work with here, and I joined a gym yesterday. Granted it is very small, and has very little to no air con.....but it is a gym=) The familiarity of being in the gym is much more comforting than I had imagined. I miss my family and friends every day. More than missing you guys, I wish I could share this experience with you. I feel like living abroad is something that could benefit every person in a different way. Not too mention the food here is delicious! Sometimes it is a little too much for me, but for the most part AZ can't really compete with how fresh and non processed everything is. i just finished my 2nd cup of coffee, which means it is time to teach! Love and miss you.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kobe,
    Thakns for keeping us updated with mail and pictures. It sure helps being able to see where you are and how you are living.
    We love you and miss you. xoxoxoxox Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete