Saturday, November 6, 2010

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn

Happy Halloween! It is funny to me how some holidays are world wide and some aren't. I was talking with some of my friends about what we have done in the past for halloween with our friends, and other well known drinking holidays we have...sharing stories, only to find more and more in common with each other =) I told them what we do for St. Pattys day and they thought it was hilarious because they don't eat some of the food we traditionally have on that day, or know any of the typical Irish bands that all the bars will play. Anyway, Halloween was huge here at CPI. We prepared the whole month of October. All the Korean TA's decorated the halls with spiders, and ghosts etc. In our classroom we practiced our Halloween song "This is Halloween" from the Nightmare before Christmas, and got ready for the big Halloween party! Here we are carving a pumpking for the contest. These are my Kinder kids the Leopard Cubs, and this is my very first pumpkin I have carved! Stencil free and everything! 

The eyes are finished! The kids got such a kick out of watching me do this

We all had fun taking our turns taking pictures with the pumpkin! Notice the L shaped nose..L for Leopard cubs...ah ah ahh see what I did there... =)
Kelly and I. She is a very affectionate girl
Everyone had so much fun except for Amy. She cried and pouted...but my kids know that I don't respond well to crying. So I just took a picture of her.
Here is Harry the Superman! He is one of my preschoolers =) He is a very happy boy
Trick or treating to all the other classrooms




Habiba is a Nora bang (singing room) Kareoke =) and next to her is Nicola and JP
Leopard Cubs pumpkin didn't win...but I was still very proud!
It was a lot of fun to be celebrate such a fun kids holiday over here. It was fun to do halloween like we're supposed to do halloween...The kids had a WONDERFUL time, and that is the most important thing. I thought I would eat a lot more candy than I actually did, but luckily we didn't really pass out chocolate bars!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Kobie, I love seeing what you are doing.xoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Your kids are so freakin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the pic with only your heads and the pumpkin on the table...that was so cute. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete