Monday, October 4, 2010

It's my life

Every month we teach our class a song and dance. I gave my kids kids about 5 different songs to choose from and the chose "It's my life" by Bon Jovi. It is a good way for them to learn to pronounce more English words, and also a way for the kids to have fun during the school day. It is a little stressful to teach them because some of them will pay atention, and some will just stare off into the sky. The few times that the kids actually get it right.....makes it all worth it =)
Each class performs it on "performance day" in front of the other classes. Of course the other kids have a hard time sitting still, and when the kids get on stage they all wave at the other kids like they are rockstars.
Of course the teachers love it, because this just means that it is less time for us to have to teach!
I tried to upload the video of my kids performing but it wouldn't work. My kids did a great job. They were so cute! It is funny to watch the dance and see what kids did well and which kids were too worried about their friend next to them not doing the right move.
At dinner with Aidan andhis parents. I am an America girl, having dinner with an Irish family, at a Greek restaurant, in Korea.  The food was delicious, and when you looked out the window all you could see were signs that were in English. Kind of funny, because for just a split second it seemed like we weren't in Korea. I really enjoyed spending time with Aidan and his parents for the week they were in town. It was a comforting feeling to be around a family, and go out for dinner. Definitely made me miss my family. I would love to share this experience with my family. I think it would be neat to see how people from my life back home would react to Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment