Monday, January 24, 2011

Sledding!

We took our Kinders on a field trip, to go sledding. It hadn't really been snowing that much, so I wasn't sure where we would find a hill so close to the city with enough snow. Well luckily we found one pretty close to school. The kids were so excited. I was pretty excited also, I just wasn't sure what to expect. I mean what happens if a kid goes into the sledding restricted area, and it is one of the kids who doesn't really understand English!!!!!????!!!!! Luckily, we didn't have any situations. When we arrived, I was freezing. I still haven't learned how to dress correctly for the snow. I guess I will never understand the idea of layers, layers, layers.

 The kids all stood in a line, and carried their tubes up the hill, almost like a line at a water park. I was there to assist with getting the tubes to the top, and helping to arrange the kids, and make sure they took turns going down the hill. There was a system, and I am a fast learner. =)
 Ready, Set, GO! Go meant, kick the kid's tubes and send 'em flying! Good stress reliever.
 Of course it wasn't all work for the teachers. Nicola enjoying herself
 Jp ready to take on the slope.
 haha Aidan was excited.
 I was the only smart one who has sunglasses to deflect the sun!
 The kids were tired, but had so much energy on the bus ride home. Here you can see Lucy in the white jacket. She is a sweetie, but she gets distracted too easily. Then Nathan in the blue, very smart kid, but I have to punish him at least once a day. Then Danny in the beanie, smartest one!
It was a great day, and most importantly the kids enjoyed it. We came back to school, and it was lunch time so all the teachers went out for Valence burger. After lunch, it was movie time in the big room, and then school for the Kinders was over. Easy as pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment