Monday, December 13, 2010

Two Worlds Collide

 Well it finally happened. My dear friend Kim Dearing finally arrived in Korea. I grew up next door to each other, and we have been best friends since the age of 7 when we met on a soccer team that dad was coaching. Our families have always been close, and have seen each other through it all. I was giddy all day when I was getting ready to see Kim. It was weird when we met up, it was almost like I didn't know how to act. I hadn't thought about how it would be to have my old life collide with my new life. I have a routine, and a way of doing things, and staying happy and sane throughout the day. I think it was so different than I thought it would be is because she isn't here to visit, She is here to teach in a town about an hour away from me. This means that she needs to start figuring out her own routine, and way of doing things over here. It is so neat that we are able to have this adventure together. Of all things, here we are together. I am lucky that she is here for the holidays.

I took her to a Norabang (singing room) for her first night out. We went out for dinner with Aidan and then went and played darts (I destroyed the competition), and then we went and sang our little hearts out.
 One of the million nice things of having Kim here with me, is that she understands when I complain about just how cold it really is!
 I brought her out to meet all my teacher friends. Below we have Habiba, James, JP, Nicola, and Greg
 Nicola and I at Greg's house for his birthday. This girl has really helped me over here. She has very quickly found a place in my heart
 Kim and I bundled up trying to keep warm!
 Out for a day of Christmas shopping with Kim in Insadang. It was an outdoor market, so it was freezing!
 Korean dancers/drummers/performers
 And of course....Pickle! She reminds me so much of Toaster

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and Kim will be together for Christmas. Keep blogging...I love reading and seeing all your pics. Miss you lots...xoxoxoxoxo mom

    ReplyDelete