Thursday, December 2, 2010

Say Thanks

Korea. There have been many moments over the last few weeks where I have not wanted to leave. I love where I am. I am thankful for my life.
From the begining to now. I may not have always been thankful, but as I reflect on my life, and my present life I am so grateful. My family has loved me, even when I made it hard for them to. My family has provided me with more than I deserved, and set me up with opportunities that have made this life possible. My family gave me my education, gave me strength, courage, and most importantly gave me love. This applies to my whole extended family. Sometimes I am afraid to tell people about my family because I am afraid I will jinx it. My sisters are my best friends, and my brother (whether he likes to admit it) is one of my favorite people. My parents taught me so much about life, and honestly I am grateful for the way I was raised. I was raised with very strong morals (even if I ignore them from time to time). I used to blame a lot of my problems on other people, especially my parents. They didn't do anything wrong.....I believe with all my heart that they are incredible parents, and I would be lucky to turn out to be half of the parents they were to me.
I am thankful for the people I have met here. We have become our own little family. The relationships built in the time I have been here are stronger than I could have imagined. We had our own Thanksgiving, so I was able to enjoy all the delicious foods from back home.


      

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs. Great way to hear how things are going.

    xoxoxoxo mom

    ReplyDelete