Monday, July 26, 2010

First real Saturday night out in Korea

This is the first night I really felt like a girl =)
It has been quite liberating not worrying about makeup or my hair here, but sometimes it is nice to feel pretty.
Ta-Da!! You just take a piece of lettuce, put some rice in there (rice comes with an over medium egg), some meat that Aidan cooked, and some delicious red sauce!!! It is so delicious! The best part about Korean food (besides the taste) is that is always comes out within 5 minutes of ordering it. I couldn't believe it. Below my friend Aidan that I work with was working with the meat they give you. You cut it yourself into the sizes you want, and then you flip it to have it cooked just the way you like. All the sides just come with the meal. We got all this food, and then 2 beers each and it was only 23 dollars. (also you never tip in Korea)



I learned that this was a drum circle. The music they made on these bongo drums was glorious! This was in the park in Hondae.



This was a live concert they were having in the park. I couldn't understand anything, but the energy was incredible!! I was having such a good time dancing along and enjoying the show.




Aidan, TK, and I at a small bar in Hongdae. You can get the drinks to go, and walk down the streets with them.












U.S.A!!! Had to take a picture!






This is my friend TK, those are my sunglasses, and I have his glasses on. He is Korean, but he lived in Australia for the last 7 years so he kind of speaks with a Korean accent.





Night Club in Hongdae with some teachers we met that night.









My friend Aidan and I went out for dinner and then took a cab to the town of Hongdae. A new favorite city of mine. It is where a lot of foreigner (teachers/military) people go.

No comments:

Post a Comment